Hop til hovedindhold


Who to contact in a critical situation


  • If your credit card is lost or stolen, it is important to report it immediately.

    You can call Nets – a Nordic provider of payments, card and information services – 24 hours, year round.

    For Dankort, Visa/Dankort and Visa Electron, please call:

    • +45 44 89 29 29

    For MasterCard, Maestro, Visa and American Express, please call:

    • +45 44 89 27 50

    To deal with unauthorised charges, you must contact your own bank, which can also issue your new credit card.

    Content fetched from lifeindenmark.borger.dk
  • 114 is the nation-wide service number of the police.

    Call 114 if you:

    • want to report a crime where there is no need for immediate police assistance
    • have information for the police about the commitment of a crime
    • need information or guidance about permissions issued by the police

    If there is a need for immediate police assistance, please call 112 instead.

    You can also call or contact your local police. Please find addresses and phone numbers on the website of the police.

    Content fetched from lifeindenmark.borger.dk
  • The out-of-hours medical service is open when your own general practitioner (GP) is closed – in the evening and at weekends.

    If you fall ill or suffer an injury outside your own GP’s normal opening hours, you can call the out-of-hours medical service – if the problem cannot wait until your own GP is available.

    A doctor will answer your phone call, and either:

    • You will get a consultation on the phone
    • You will be asked to come for a consultation at an emergency service centre
    • Or – in special emergencies – a doctor will come and visit you in your home.

    In many cases you will be asked to contact your own GP for a consultation.

    The out-of-hours doctor can, among other things, prescribe medicines, refer you to an accident and emergency department or admit you to hospital.

    The out-of-hours doctor will be able to assist you more quickly if you have your national health insurance card ready and if you have taken your temperature if you suspect you are running a fever.

    Content fetched from lifeindenmark.borger.dk
  • Accident and emergency (A&E) departments treat serious injuries which your own general practitioner (GP) is unable to treat, for example a broken finger.

    Accident and emergency departments are often busy, so you may well have to wait.

    In case of accidents and very serious injuries, always call 112.

    In some regions you must make a call before going to the accident and emergency department. It differs from one region to another whether you are to call the accident and emergency department, your GP or others.

    The links below will show you the addresses of all the accident and emergency departments in the country, and they will inform you of where you may have to call before going to the accident and emergency department.

    Content fetched from lifeindenmark.borger.dk
  • If you have an accident involving your teeth, there are emergency dentists that are open outside normal opening hours. 

    The emergency dental service treats both adults and children.

    Please note that such consultations and treatments are considerably more expensive than dental care provided during usual opening hours.

    Content fetched from lifeindenmark.borger.dk
  • You can report a theft online on the website of the police.

    Please note that attacks, housebreaking/burglary or other offences that demand immediate intervention by the police must be reported to the police by phone or by personal application.

    In very urgent cases you must call 112.

    To contact your local police office, please find addresses and phone numbers on the website of the police.

    Content fetched from lifeindenmark.borger.dk
  • The sirens in Denmark are used to warn the public in case of major emergencies that require people to go indoors to avoid being affected by for instance chemical gasses, radiation or hazardous smoke.

    The sirens are tested with sound every year on the first Wednesday in May at 12.00.

    Siren warning on your mobile phone

    Beginning in 2023, siren warnings also sound on your mobile phone. 

    The mobile siren is tested at the same time as the physical sirens – every year on the first Wednesday in May at 12.00.

    For more information on the mobile test, please see the website 'Sirenen' by the Danish Emergency Management Agency and the National Police:

    For information in other languages, for instance Arabic, Bosnian, Ukrainian, Somali and Turkish, please see the posters: 

    Content fetched from lifeindenmark.borger.dk