Hop til hovedindhold

CPR – Registration in Denmark

In Denmark each person has a personal registration number, which is called a CPR number. See how you can get a CPR number.

The CPR number is essential in relation to any contact with the Danish authorities and especially in connection to tax and social security issues.

If you intend to stay for a period of three months or more (six months if within EU/EEA or Nordic countries) you must notify the municipal authorities (Folkeregistret).

How to apply for a CPR number in Rudersdal

  • To get a CPR registration you must to call the municipal authority in Birkerød first. They will provide you with the information you need and book at time for you to show up at Rudersdals Citizen Service Center (Borgerservice) Stationsvej 38, 3460 Birkerød. The entrance is the same as the library (Birkerød Bibliotek).

    Call the municipal authorities at 46 11 00 00 in the telephone opening hours:

    Monday, Tuesday, 10.00 to 15.00

    Thursday,  10.00 to 17.00

    Friday, 10.00 to 13.00

    Wednesday closed

    You can not get CPR registration online. You must make an appointment and show up in person to at a Citizen Service centre or at an International Citizen Service centre.

    Note that a permanent address in Denmark is mandatory to obtain a CPR number.

    • Work and residence permit (relevant if you are a citizen outside the EU/EEA, the Nordic region or Switzerland)
    • EU residence document (if your residence in Denmark is based on the EU-rules)
    • Passport or personal ID
    • Proof of your address in Denmark (e.g., rental contract)
    • Documents concerning legal custody, if you are not married to your child's other parent
    • If applicable, documentation for changes of name (marriage/divorce certificate, etc.)
    • If applicable, birth certificates for your children
    • If applicable, a marriage certificate
    • If you are moving to Denmark from another Nordic country: your social security number from the country you are moving.   

Places to get help

  • You can always get help and information at your citizen service centre.

    Rudersdal Citizen Service Centre (Borgerservice) is your point of entry to Rudersdal Municipality.

    You can reach us by phone on 46 11 00 00 or e-mail: rudersdal@rudersdal.dk.

    You can also meet us in person. Book an appointment for driver's license and danish passport here: 

    Book appointment​

    For other inquiries please call +45 46 11 00 00

    Citizen services/Borgerservice

    Stationsvej 38

    DK-3460 Birkerød

    Opening hours

    Monday: 10-18

    Tuesday: 10-15

    Wednesday: 10-12

    Thursday 10-18

    Friday: Closed

    Closed on public holidays


    • Passport - Danish
    • Driver’s licence
    • Civil Registration System (CPR)
    • Registration and CPR number
    • Health insurance
    • Changing your GP
  • International Citizen Service is a nationwide service for newcomers staying for more than three months. ICS is a coordinating cooperation between all the relevant Danish authorities. At ICS, you can get the necessary paperwork done. 

    ICS: International Citizen Service (Life in Denmark)​

  • Most of the online self-services are in Danish, but you can always get help to fill in forms and online applications at the local citizen service center or at the library. Or maybe you can get help from a Dane. Remember to bring your MitID.